Thursday, October 14

Place

Just a quick post tonight.  I was at Starbucks over on 21st avenue tonight for about five hours working on a Christian ethics project.  I couldn't help but realize how much I love this city.  Sitting there with such a diverse mix of people, sipping a pumpkin spice latte, was so relaxing.  There were some people sitting at the table next to me speaking in Chinese and a group behind me speaking in a thick New York accent.  I witnessed a reunion where the parties just embraced each other and I even got a grande latte because the barista was amazing.  :)  It's technically already my fall break, and I had to work on a project, but tonight I honestly didn't care.  On the drive home from Starbucks, there was barely any traffic as I drove along music row back to Belmont.  It was about 65 degrees and I drove about 5 miles under the speed limit, just enjoying the beauty.  I am a big believer that the concept of 'place' has a big effect on a person, and I love how Nashville feels to me.  I feel at home here and it kills me that I have to leave after graduation!  Wedding plans are exiting and I absolutely cannot wait to marry the man of my dreams, but the bittersweet part is that I may never live here again.  I guess one of my goals for this year is to enjoy the time I have left in Nashville and at Belmont, because I know I will miss it after I earn my diploma.  I am so grateful that God led me to Belmont and Nashville!

No comments:

Post a Comment