Thursday, August 12

Love, love, LOVE!

This will be a quick post, but I just had to share.  Most people that know me well know that my favorite book in the whole wide world is Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist.  So, when I recently looked in the bookstore for a new book to read, you can imagine my excitement to find that she had written a second book!!  Of course, I had to buy it right away.  I am at work and currently one chapter in, and -(can you believe it?)- I love it so far!  The book is entitled Bittersweet and is a memoir of how Shauna has embraced and learned from the overwhelmingly bitter and rough seasons of her life.  If you can tell from my last post, this is definitely what I need to hear right now!  So, if you are looking for a good (and I mean GOOD) read that is inspiring, inexplicably beautiful, and challenging, I suggest you go to the bookstore and pick up one of these two books.



"The idea of bittersweet is changing the way I live, unraveling and re-weaving the way I understand life.  Bittersweet is the idea that in all things there is both something broken and something beautiful, that there is a sliver of lightness on even the darkest of nights, a shadow of hope in every heartbreak, and that rejoicing is no less rich when it contains a splinter of sadness."  [Shauna Neiquist]

No comments:

Post a Comment